Thursday, February 16, 2006

Knitting time trials are off to a slow start...

Concentration was diverted to my son's winter coat. It was discovered after pre-school, that little Man's brand new winter jacket had a broken zipper. We tried repairing it at home. Well, we're handy, but not that handy. Soon, the family unit was wisking off to the local mall to return the jacket. For a full refund, mind you. We had the receipt...shocking!

We couldn't exchange the jacket, only return. Since the store has no windows to the outside world, the people in charge of ordering the seasonal clothing somehow got it into their heads that it is spring in Michigan. There were rows and rows of shorts and t-shirts. I spied a swell button-down short sleeve shirt with flames on it. Little Man would look great in it. My instincts reminded me that the shirt would not go over well as a substitute jacket. In Michigan. In February! My kid needs a parka, not a speedo!

Refund in hand, we left the mall for a super-chain (NOT Walmart) which had a fine selection of jackets at 60% off. That's what Jackie, the children's department sales associate, told me over the phone. Yeah! I even called first...another shocker. Thankfully, we found a coat we all agreed on in less than half an hour. We paid the same price we paid for the last coat. This one has an Ipod pocket built into it (hey, yeah, a shout out to Uncle Ron). It should have come with a complimentary snowboard, then Little Man could atempt to become the next Flying Tomato (sure...).

Speaking of the Flying Tomato, anyone catch the snowboarding halfpipe events? I watched most of them. Tomato is great and I really liked the last run of Kelly Clark who missed out of a medal because of a "butt-bounce" at the very end of her run. She attacked that halfpipe at such velocity!

I tried watching some of the mens ice skating short performance. I kept thinking I was watching the Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert... I also found it hard to take a nap during Curling. The tourettes shouting is disturbing. I finally muted the t.v. so I could sleep. Okay, enough. I need to knit.
Ciao

3 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Ta for addin' me to you're blogroll....

Winter Olympics is good stuff... Didn't realise there were so many psycho sportspeople out there...even we've got one...the girl whizzing over the ice on a little tray thing... seem to remember doin' somethin' like that at a Pistols concert in '77...got thrown out for slidin' down some stairs on tray at the venue and just missin' Glenn Matlock who wasn't a Pistol anymore then I don't think....memories are made of this....

Laura said...

We watched curling over here, too! Although, I did wonder why they didn't clean the ice before starting, since they had to use those little scrubby things to get the ice clean.

Hm. I need to lay off the housecleaning, don't I. ;)

Camie Vog said...

I think they should use the new Swiffer Flick. Think of all the energy they'll save with that little number....