Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Our house, in the middle of our street..."

4 Dinners has spurred a new theme....our neighborhood. I've been in talks with the chap from Fluffy Stuffin' about creating a duel project/series about the town we live in, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our idea is that this project will cross over both blogs and will highlight the subtleties of our diverse community. Our intent is to have a new dedicated city post bi-weekly (eh, or maybe monthly...) starting with our homes.

Fluffy Stuffin' and I have been living in Ann Arbor 20+ years. We are "transplants", since neither of us were born and raised here. Both of us ran screaming from the dying industrial towns which spawned us. In my opinion, Ann Arbor is the only city in Michigan worth living in. I stand solidly behind this statement, so you ney sayers from other Michigan cities, don't bother flaming me. I have travelled to many places in this state, other states, and numerous countries. I always come home to Ann Arbor. Fluffy Stuffin' and I hope you'll enjoy our perspective on Tree Town (the official nickname).




I would also like to extend thanks to the Old Pretenders Football Club
for asking me to represent their team in Michigan. Effective immediately, I accept the prestigious life long presidential position (say that three times fast) of the O.P.F.C., Michigan Chapter. I have included a permenant link to their web site in my links section to further support this fine team. If interested in joining the only O.P. fan club in the United States (at this time, I'm sure other state chapters will be joining soon) please contact me via this blog.


title credit: "Our House" by Madness (duH)

11 comments:

Ron said...

Camie, should your OPFC chapter be the "Wolverine" chapter? Cute things to do with Wolvy logo?

F. Stuffin, full of ham!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Temporary pic on the OP site...You're gonna be famous throughout (mainly) North London.

Wolverine? The OP's might be cute, although I've never heard 'em called that before. Somethin' spelt a bit similar maybe....

C'mon Ron...why Fluffy Stuffin' The OP's want to know....

Camie Vog said...

4D- Thank you....I'm flattered....finally, I may become a star...I owe it all to you.
Wolverines are the mascot of the University of Michigan Football(the American kind)Team. Fierce little creatures. Unfortunately, I don't think an actual Wolverine (animal) lives in this state anymore. They've been replaced by rabid human fans.
As for the definition of Fluffy Stuffin', refer back to his site, two posts back in the comment section.
F.S- Your last posts have spurred many free form poetry verses from the husband. Since he doesn't have his own blogger identity, and is too lazy to get one, the verses vanished into the air...They were f'n funny, though...

FOUR DINNERS said...

Squirrels? It's always Squirrels.

Ranting Dullard said...

Ok Camie, you need to adopt an English mindset when it comes to sport. Americans are familiar with winning lots of things, this must stop.
You need to develop some coping phrases such as "I blame the ref", "Too many injuries, no team could have coped with this" if you need inspiration, there is a legendary British football manager who is completley hopeless but still manages to find work. It is his battery of excuses that have no doubt kept him in work. His name is Graham Souness. Check him out on google and you will find many examples of how to accept mediocrity and defeat. Its painful, but vodka dulls the pain.

Ron said...

I love the line from the Japanese prison commander in Bridge on the River Kwai: "I hate the English! You lose and you have no shame!"

Cammie -- Is the Blogless One From Whence The Little Man Was Spawned engaged in free form mockery? If he cannot express his love of ham, then he may bask (and baste)in mine... He should have just an audio blog! Imperfect Puce Outhouses...or "I can dance so I must not be Joe."

Dirk the Feeble said...

By MADNESS - duh. I was sitting here trying to think of who the band was.

I'm way too young for my own good.

Camie Vog said...

Yikes! You might recognize the tune on the Maxwell House coffee commercial that is running on tv now a days.

bob said...

I'd like a membership dispensation as an A2 ex-patriot.

Camie Vog said...

I'll have my people contact your people...

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm digging the blog by the way.