Monday, May 15, 2006

Is this validation that I am a good mom? (don't answer that)

What a wonderful Mother's Day. For those who take the time to read my blog, you know that I have been pining away for an iPod since their inception. First it was the 40GB. Time went on, and Apple phased it out to make way for the 30GB video model. That wasn't enough space for my liking, so my attention turned to the 60GB video. It's not the video part that is important to me...Like everything else in America, it is the size that counts (jab, jab, anti-crapitalist). I should be able to transfer my entire musical library onto it. No more cassette cases breaking as I sit on them in my car. No more CD jewel cases becoming projectiles in the event I brake too hard for the stop sign I almost ran. No more, "hey, can we listen to the radio?" from the cars other passengers.... ("Oh, there are other people in this car. What did you say? I can't hear you...Did you just ask to turn it down?? I still can't hear you.")

Yeah, I am happy about this new member of my family. I promise to love it and keep it safe.

How many of you readers have an iPod to call your own? Would you be interested in podcasts of Camie posts? I flirt with the idea, though I have no clue on where to begin. I'll need to call in the help of Fluffy Stuffin' since he is the guy in the know. Actually, podcasts of the telephone conversations I have with Fluffy might be more interesting.

Off I go....I still have hundreds of CD's that need to be converted and loaded into "Podwah". I also need to visit the iTunes store to redeem a precious gift certificate given to me years ago from Sir Fluffy. Any suggestions?

A BIG thank you goes to my husband, who worked very hard to get me such a lovely gift.

20 comments:

Melanie said...

Clearly you're an AWESOME Mom to have gotten such a nifty gift!!! Woot!!! :)

Noah said...

Yes, yes it is validation. sweet sweet validation. and vindication as well, I don't know what you have to be vidicated for, but there you go.

d34dpuppy said...

u r special u deserve it

the cappuccino kid said...

i am jealous as hell, and i hate you!
not really!
suggestions, for what? tunes?
hows about paul weller?
i can recommend "stanley road" (10 years old) or "as is now", his latest.
he is the modfather! my musical hero!

* (asterisk) said...

Welcome to the 3rd millennium, CV. I don't have "one to call my own"; Wife and I share, which is a source of some tension, since she hates much of my music. iPods are great, though. Congrats.

tideliar said...

...what is this iPod of which you speak? Some form of cyber-root-vegetable? And whence do you carry that bizzare mirror in the picture on your post. Go you to slay a Gorgon????????!!!!!!!!!

...sorry. waaaaaaaaaay to much coffee this mornng. You lucky devil. You are indeed validated and much beloved by all.

Camie Vog said...

Sorry, guys. This comment is directed at Duke the Punk. I would have left it at his comment field at his site, but,HEY, his comments are restricted to his "Team Members". I am surprised he has a team...he must spell team with an "I".

Duke, I'm all for the Punk thing...however:

Yep, my blog is shit....just like yours is turning out to be...I bet all your future comments will be like the ones you leave on other people's blogs...Keep those flushable ass wipes handy, you're gonna need them.

Okay everybody, on with normal blog functions....

the cappuccino kid said...

who says your blog is shit? plenty of people here dont think so! and at least you have the balls to let people comnment, not just your "team" who are hardly gonna "dis" you!
(listen to me, down with the kids)

Ranting Dullard said...

You look so like my Mrs its very scarey. You dont have a wigan accent do you?

Dirk the Feeble said...

I could fit all my MP3s on that thing twice.

Nairobi Paul said...

Wow. Top of the line! Cool.

I'm still limping along with my 20gb 2nd generation.

Cynnie said...

Aww..I love my ipod..i take it to the beach and just sing my little heart out..you lucky lucky woman ..fill it up with good stuff..( and throw in some crap..but the crap thats so much fun to sing!)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Who's Duke the punk? Have I missed somethin'? Usually do....Great IPod fer a great mom.

Who Me? said...

Camie - can you have your husband talk to mine? todd needs an IPOD

Who Me? said...

oh - btw - after the pac man cake - YES you are a good mom!

d34dpuppy said...

ty 4 tha link i think i didit rite so if u get it u will no,eh?
d x.

* (asterisk) said...

I'll put some music suggestions together for you... Can't guarantee you'll like 'em, tho'.

Melanie said...

Welcome to iPod world! I love my Nano. Don't use iTunes, it's a complete rip off. There's a site out of Russia (completely safe) where you can download tunes for cheap, and they have everything. It's www.allofmp3.com. You buy a chunk of credit ($15 goes a long way), then you download the songs (takes awhile but it's worth it), then you can pull them into your iTunes library and load them into your iPod. Have fun!

the cappuccino kid said...

you got to put some interpol on there, into them in such a big way at the moment. used to hear them on bbc 6 music, (available online give it a go), and found them dull. then i saw them playing glastonbury on tv and they were bloody hypnotic! especially the bass player. looks like a cross between the guy off thecharlies angels films and an ss officer. how odd.

* (asterisk) said...

Try this Russian site, Camie. Put an artist in the search box. Some good stuff there, and masses of it. Last time I used it, it was all totally free...