Thursday, May 25, 2006

"Lose Yourself...."

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?



No more games, I'ma change what you call rage
Tear this mothafuckin roof off like 2 dogs caged
I was playin in the beginnin, the mood all changed
I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhymin and stepwritin the next cypher
Best believe somebody's payin the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the fact That I can't get by with my 9 to 5 And I can't provide the right type of life for my family
Cause man, these goddam food stamps don't buy diapers
And it's no movie, there's no Makai Pfeiffer, this is my life
And these times are so hard and it's getting even harder
Tryin to feed and water my seed, plus Teeter-totter caught up between trying to be a mother* and a prima donna Baby mama drama's screamin on and
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another day of monotony
Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail
I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only mothafuckin option, failure's NOT!


credits: Post- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
picture- by Audrey Niffeneger

this is the song that I have been playing non-stop in my head. i am fine, i will be fine, i just needed to vent, and get it outta my HEAD!

11 comments:

Noah said...

understandable.

Cynnie said...

aw baby..it gets easier, it does, it does..

FOUR DINNERS said...

You'll be fine 'cause I said so. trust me, I'm from Oldham. Be strong PA...M loves yer we love yer n love'll do it babe x

the cappuccino kid said...

yeah trust him, and me. we're northeners, and even though we are seperated by the pennines (only metaphorically now), we know you are made of strong stuff and will pull yourself through this one!
look after you!

(metaphorically! where the hell did that come from at 7am?)

eric said...

the problem with golden opportunities is that you never know behind which door they lurk.

Ranting Dullard said...

I reccommend some traditional northern fayre. Black pudding and Toad in the hole.

Razzamatazz said...

If you go for the Black Pudding make sure not to O.D. on it, the bloody stuff is lethal.

minj said...

hey u

thought id pop in....return the favax

the cappuccino kid said...

if it helps in any way, the wife said you were nice after talking to you on friday night.
four dinners has been humped too, which may cheer you up!

Who Me? said...

i need "song stuck in head" help. i've had a song in my head and i don't know the name or the tune or any more words than "and when you're with her, do you still think of me?" - i'm thinking tori amos (btw - i lit my tori shirt on fire the other day by accident. um. while i was wearing it) but i can't figure what the damn song is. any idea?

Lucky said...

I used to play this song to my students when they were getting ready for checkrides...one of my all-time fav's.

Hope everything's ok.