Thursday, June 15, 2006

"All my friends know the Low Rider..."

Most of my husbands siblings reside in California. There is a 3 hour time difference between California and Michigan (which is where we live). It is not unusual for me to recieve phone calls from primarily one of hubby's siblings after midnight. Normally, this isn't a major issue due to the fact that I don't even hear the phone ring at such times. I am most often drooling, I mean, sleeping when the calls come through.

One time, I did wake up. The phone was right next to my head so it was impossible to ignore. Checking to see that it was the rogue sibling, I let it go to voicemail. The next morning I woke up and decided to get this roque back. My clock read 8:30 am....subtact 3 hours...ah, that would make it 5:30 am on the west coast. I dial the phone....ring....ring....ring....ring......a very sleepy, out of sorts voice greets me on the other end. "Bitch! Do you know what time it is?" My cheery voice responds, "Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing last night. How did you know it was me?" Still sleepy rogue voice says, "By your ringtone....arg, I can't believe you called me before my alarm went off!" "Ring tone?", I purr into the phone. "What IS my ringtone, by the way?" "Low Rider by War"....click. "Hello? hello?", I shout into the phone. I call back immediately. Yep, my call went to voicemail...

Low Rider? Why is my ringtone THAT?

Let's say we all talked on the phone.... What would be the ringtone you would choose for me???


title credit: Low Rider by War (of course)

14 comments:

Ron said...

Yodel-lay-he-ho! That yodel from the old Swiss Miss cocoa ads. Even if your not Swiss!

or "I'm just a girl" from Cyndi Lauper....

or maybe the chorus from "Brass in Pocket" by the Pretenders..."I'm special! "

the cappuccino kid said...

jimi hendrix-foxy lady

girl on the phone-the jam (if you know the lyrics, you'd inderstand. no way i am writing em here!)

d34dpuppy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FOUR DINNERS said...

Hot Chocolate : "You sexy thing"

(Owt t' wind up the mrs!)

Anyroad yer looked good in yellow!

the cappuccino kid said...

if i said you had a beautiful body would you rub, sorry i mean hold it against me?
no, prefer my version!

ldbug said...

I agree with 4D, sexy lady;)!!!

Ranting Dullard said...

'Peace in the Valley' by Elvis

It would be soooo ironic

eric said...

"set free the birds..."

Laura said...

Hm, Adam and the Ants' Whip in My Valaise. Punk because it is, not because it's 'cool'.

Besides, I love that song and would smile every time the ringtone sounded. :D

the cappuccino kid said...

am i missing something here? what is your beef with lowrider? is this an american thing? i am confused. and i get scared when i am confused!

* (asterisk) said...

I really hate ringtones. And what is Low Rider? Hi Camie!

StripeySocks said...

Hahaha...
That made me laugh. Even though I was feeling like crap (and kind of still am, but whatever).

Jezebelsriot said...

Oooh, I like this question! Mine would have to be something fun, but also slightly creepy. Like I could dance with you all night long, or choke you to death any minute. I'm going to go with my classic stalker song

"One way or another, I'm gonna get you, get you, get you get you!!!"

Amy said...

I think I'd give you something from Gorillaz. Especially if you let me borrow it when my mom comes down here next weekend, hahah. Meanwhile, I'm looking for puppy names on my blog :)