Friday, August 11, 2006

My mom says I'll be late to my own funeral...

I was tagged earlier this week by Goddess In The City. I said it would be up this past Wednesday, but as always, I got caught up in some insane drama which had to be worked out. Per usual, I have survived yet another moment of utter bullshit. I'll save the saga for a later time, in which it'll appear subversively on this blog. I still need a bit of time to decompress the 4 years of shit which has been flung in the direction of my family by a large organization. With my middle finger galantly raised to this league of rednecks, I bid you my tag.


10 Years Ago: August 1996
Came to the realization that I was existing in a marriage that had never suited my ideals.

5 Years Ago: August 2001
Just found out I was pregnant with my son.

1 Year Ago: August 2005
Financially not secure. Worried. Bitter towards large organization mentioned above. Frantically trying to remember what my life used to be like when money wasn't an issue.

5 Songs I know all the words to:
"La Tortura"- Shakira (yes, in Spanish)
"Perfect Blue Buildings"- Counting Crows
"Institutionalized"- Suicidal Tendencies
"Numb"- Linkin Park
"Holiday in Cambodia"- Dead Kennedys

5 Snacks:
Ice Cream
DeLux Nuts (not peanuts)
Pudding
Sour candy
Sushi

5 Things I would do with $100,000:
Massive down payment for a house in Ann Arbor
Get a new car (haven't had one since 1989).
Get a good education for my kid.
Put some in a retirement fund.
Pay back everyone who helped me out when we were flirting with povery (no thanks to large organization).

5 Places I would run away to:
Mexico (to look for my retirement house)
British Columbia
Hawaii
Vietnam
Iceland

5 Things I would NEVER wear:
Pantyhose
Thong
Mini-Skirt
High heels
Scratchy, lacey anything
(for the record, Hubby completed this portion of the tag for me. Perhaps he is trying to tell me something. Oh well.)

5 favorite T.V. shows:
Anderson Cooper 360 (CNN)
(alright! I have a slight crush on him. I don't care if people say he's gay!)
Keeping Up Appearances
No Reservations (Travel Channel)
Tom & Jerry
More news well into the wee hours of the morning (thank hubby again for the news comment)

5 Greatest joys:
My husband
My kid
My best friend Fluffy (Ron)
My blanks (that would be called a blanket to those out of the loop)
My Job (thank you self employment)


5 Favorite toys:
iPod
Computer
Cell Phone (perfect for a recluse personality)
DVD player (movie theater?!? what's that?)
My blog journal (yeah, the one I use to hand write most of my blog posts)

5 People I am tagging:

Since it took so long for me to post this, I fear the fire has died out on it. If you want to do it, go ahead. (It would be nice to see Fluffy, Zeneric, What, Punk in Suburbia and Cynnie's answers, but I am not officially tagging them)

16 comments:

StripeySocks said...

FWAAHHIAMFIRSTTOCOMMENTISOWIN!!!
Hi. Mooo.

eric said...

tagged again?, like i got any response to my last one! hahahaha. anyway, see the journal on myspace for the answers, eh?

the cappuccino kid said...

keeping. up. appearences.
are you sure?
really?
wow

Camie Vog said...

It's all about Onslow (*sigh*).

d34dpuppy said...

um i htink its wot would u do wi a 100 million $ but ya coollllllllllllllll

the cappuccino kid said...

i used to get called onslo. can't think for a moment why!

Camie Vog said...

CK- And you wonder why I think you are loverly...

dp- huh? grammar and sentence structure? Shit, I can't even be bothered with finding out if I am spelling grammar correctly. When the black fog of hell lifts off my head, I'll get back to you on that one.

zeneric- hey, at least my tags aren't over 90 questions! I will repeat: black. fog. of. hell.

Stripey- Good to see you! It's been awhile. Sorry your having a hard time confronting death issues (ie. your blog).

Ron said...

Camie, Camie, Fluffy worries so! Send me a Camie-gram, and wishes you to not be fog bound! How may I help? Bagels? TLC? We can make fun of the weather channel again!

I am here!

the cappuccino kid said...

but you still wouldn't want to see me in a pair of speedos!

FOUR DINNERS said...

You remember 10 years ago?? I can't remember yesterday all that clearly. Who are you again? I make new friends everyday...
We haven't blown up yet. Unless that was yesterday 'n I've forgotten.
Used to call Caz Mrs Bucket 'cause she watches the street goings on out of the window hidden behind the curtains.
Let's all chant : "Cappy in Speedo's, Cappy in Speedo's"

StripeySocks said...

Yeah, since I don't have any meds my hands and feet really really hurt. It's not fun.

Minerva Jane said...

Good stuff. I hate to admit I don't know what Keeping Up Appearances is... And I
m right there with you on the scratchy lacey things. But most of all I'm so impressed that you know all the words to a Shakira song--in spanish!

the cappuccino kid said...

chant all you want dinners, it aint gonna happen. unless i get really drunk this weekend, so there is an outside chance!

d34dpuppy said...

um i htink its wot would u do wi a 100 million $ but ya coollll

uh it says i think its suppose 2 b 100 million $
sory

Ranting Dullard said...

10 years ago i lived on a little island covered in fog.

I'd forgotton all about that!

the cappuccino kid said...

dullard, are you not in lancashire? does this mean you are still on an island covered in fog? or has there been drastic climate change on t'other side of t'penines?
p.s. camie, 1 blog a week? you are slacking lady!