Friday, October 20, 2006

1968 Revisited!


It's official! As of 12 a.m. eastern standard time the match-up between the Cardinals and the Tigers has begun. The first game of the World Series begins this Saturday, in Detroit. The last time these two teams were together was in 1968 (before I was born), and the Tiger's won at the end of the 7th game. They also met once before that, in 1934. Since the Cardinal's won in 1934, I'm not going to bore you with those details.

I
am looking forward to this series, not only because it is a local team, but because I can't wait to witness the showdown between my buddy Ron (diehard Tiger's fan) and our friend Lucy (equally diehard Cardinal's fan). Lucy is currently living in Washington State. Sadly, she had no one there to share here penant winning joy with. I am encouraging her to get to Michigan, to at least be amongst friends during the series. I phoned her last night to wish her congratulations, but I have a feeling she thought I was calling only to rub her nose into Tiger poop. I really was being sincere, but deep down, we all know that the Tiger's are going to stomp her loved Cardinals. If she does make it to Michigan, I promise to get some "Cat eats Bird" action on video to post onto YouTube for you all to enjoy.

I realize that most of you out there could care less about this series. Just remember, I live in Michigan and there isn't much more to get this excited about.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Tigers!

(And that's from a Yankee fan!)

Anonymous said...

I don't live in Michigan....so....

BUT...I do enjoy watching people argue. So Ron and Lucy would be more of a show to me than the game. ;)

Steve~

her indoors said...

you go for it then i will cheer with you, umh who am i cheering for and what is the game! hey go tigers go tigers go tigers go!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Tigers are beautiful therefore I'll support 'em. After years of Oldham Athletic FC the only way is up!

Cynnie said...

can i just drink lots of beer and yell out inappropriate things while i flash my tits
when Ron and lucy scrap over who's gonna win ?

( wow what a sentence!..take a breath Cyn!)

Brony said...

I think it's great that you have something to be excited about.

d34dpuppy said...

i hope u guys win

Camie Vog said...

Yeah, I hope we win, too. These games are making me tense.

Jess said...

Awesome. My blog's called Films About Ghosts. You rock.

Camie Vog said...

Yeah, so we fucking lost... Whatever.