Sunday, December 03, 2006

Exhaling a sigh of relief.

I will start out by saying that everything is now okay with my mom.

They transfered my mom to a far better hospital on Friday afternoon. She was in surgery by 7:30 pm. The surgeon gave the procedure a 50/50 chance of being successful. 3 hours later he emerged from the operating theater with a smile on his face. He said my mom was doing great and that even though it was a tough job, everything had worked out better than expected. Next thing I know, they are wheeling my mom into the recovery room. She had the biggest smile on her face. When I saw her smile, days of heavy stress was lifted off my head.

She gets to go home this afternoon, and will return in a few weeks to have the coratid arteries cleaned out. Once she gets through that, she will be completely back to normal. She has suffered a series of heart attacks, but the doctors feel they were minor and that she will be fine. They even told her she can drive on Wednesday, which to me is mind blowing, since it is only one week since she was near death.

Thanks to everyone for all of your support, it meant so much to me, and helped to keep me sane. And a HUGE shout out goes to Fluffy Stuffin' for watching my son on Friday so we could be present for the surgery. Thanks again, my friends!

15 comments:

Gardenia said...

Wonderful! This sounded really scary. She is not out of the woods yet facing the cartoid surgery. But this major hump is over. I'm glad it didn't go on for ever and ever......

Laura said...

Whew! All that finger, eye, and leg crossing did some good, then.

cappy said...

it's peanut butter jelly time!!!

hope she is well, and you and mr vog, baby vog and lumpy vog are too!

mwa. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Cngratulations and much happiness to Vogs one and all!!

Life, or Something Like It said...

Yay! I am so happy for you, Camie. Best wishes to your mom.

* (asterisk) said...

That's excellent news, Camie. Sighs of relief all round.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I don't know if you celebrate Christmas, but if you do, that's one great early gift for you and your family:-)

I'm so happy for you guys, take care!

Anonymous said...

Great news!! I am glad for you and your family!

Red said...

Woah, I've just read this and the previous post. Crazy stuff... So glad to hear your Mum is doing better! All good wishes to her.

d34dpuppy said...

(((((((((((((((camies mumcammie bumpcaminoahcamimrcamie)))))))))))))))

wrinkled weasel said...

Glad your mum came out of it smiling.x

Anonymous said...

great news camie take care x

Anonymous said...

Very good to hear.

Congratulations.

Steve~

Pie said...

Glad to hear it. Sounds like she's doing really well.

dilling said...

great sighs of relief