Friday, December 22, 2006

Exit real life, enter blogger plane... (or, Yes, I still live)

Just a quick note to let you know that all is well with me. My son and I have survived our first week without Hubby. He has just returned home, and will be here for the next 4 days. Of course our days will be filled with many holiday obligations, amplified by the fact that Hubby's father has flown in from California. It has been over 3 years since he was here last. My son had no idea who he was when he saw him last night. The only saving grace was that Hubby remarkable resembles his father, not only in looks but in many mannerisms. Son was quick to notice this, so eventually they got along fine.

It is good to have the Hubby back. This is the longest we have been apart from each other in almost 8 years. It's not like we are doing the Paul and Linda thing, really. The flat has been cleaned from top to bottom. For those of you who are familiar with this blog and my life, I am not a domestic queen by any stretch. I even folded the laundry and put it all away in the closets and drawers. Can't even remember the last time I did that.

I am still trying to finish up this great scarf for my sister. The days are ticking away fast, and I fear that I won't have it done in time for Christmas. I have also been reading a book called "Heat" by Bill Buford (thanks for the recommendation, Bob). It chronicals a writer/editor who leaves his field in order to become a professional cook/chef. It is a great read, and has brought up many thoughts from my time (12 years) spent in numerous bakeshops. I plan on having a post about my own stint as a professional baker in January. I can safely devulge secrets since it has been years since I have been in the field. I also will finally utilize my team membership over at Beggar's Banquet by including some recipes for you all to make.

I would like to wish all of you a great holiday season, and a very happy New Year. I will try to post again before 2007, but just in case...

10 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

Happy Christmas to you too, Camie. Glad you are all together again. I hope you caught Tree Cool over at mine the other day...

Catch you in '07 if not before.

Anonymous said...

So gald that your Hubby is home now. Good luck with the scarf. I tried knitting once - it's best to talk about it!
Have a wonderful Christmas, Camie.

d34dpuppy said...

shalom...happy hanukkah, even tho is it almost over,,,so then happy christmas n newy years
xxx
dx3

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting the scarf done! Go go go!! :-) Have a great holiday!!

Anonymous said...

happy christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, i am going to regret this, but who are paul and linda?

mccartney?

happy holidays. and dont forget the xmas special radio show from 7:30 tonight! (me at 8:30)

Gardenia said...

So very glad hubby made it home - have a very special holiday and may love abound about you & yours and little one to arrive soon . . . . Happy Holidays!

Hattigrace said...

Now that you are all together, it WILL be a Merry Christmas, huh? Hope you have a lovely day together and Happy New Year, too!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas. so glad you're all together for the next few days.

Cynnie said...

Happy Happy christmas Linda!!


oooops...