Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I am NOT moving to Wyoming!

That Union shit is SO far behind us now. Hubby completed a two week program at a school so he could begin a new profession. He ranked in the 95th percentile, and was excused from the testing since he had completed most of the requirements for the course while working within the Union. This course was essentially a formality so he could get placed in a job.

And Job it is. He had an interview yesterday and was hired on. He leaves Sunday night and will be gone until Friday night. As a pre-hire he must do an additional 5 days of hands on work. After the week is over he will be gone a total of 6-8 weeks for additional PAID training. He will be home at least once a week over the 6-8 weeks. The company has also assured him that they will give him up to two weeks off after BabyVog is born. This is great news. Of course, he will most likely still be on the road when I go into labor. Yippy! I get to give birth alone, well, minus the help of the hospital staff. I am okay with this. I just need to make sure that my son is cared for, and that I can get to the hospital on time. I am not a needy individual, I don't need friends and family to hold my hand while birthing. I approach it as I would a job, and jobs don't need personal cheering sections. I'm not into the "hey, lets have a labor party" space. Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to seeing this little girl. The fun will start once she is in the light of day. Then we can hug her, and love her, dress her cute and call her Vog.

On another note, I have been knitting up a storm. I plan to have some pictures up in a week or so, of all that I have completed. Aaarggg! Gotta go. The cat is attacking the christmas tree again!

20 comments:

Life, or Something Like It said...

This is such great news,Camie! I'm so glad that things are working out. Now you can relax a little. Thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm glad he got the job. Enjoy your knitting and 'bad kitty, bad kitty' - yup doesn't work on mine either;-)

Cynnie said...

Oh , have your baby alone..it's easier and you can be a big ol dick to the dr with out the mister trying to calm you down ..
Actually you can be a huge fat bastard and everyone will just "poorbaby, her husband is out of town and not going to be here for her" ..you..
how great is that ?

i'm really happy about the mama situation..
we need our mamas

cappy said...

see, everything always has a way of working out! yeah, you'll miss him while he's away, but think of the fun you'll have welcoming him back!

zeneric said...

hey camie, one word for the hubby and one word for the baby: !orale!

and as for the cat, maybe distract him with some tuna-scented ornaments way up on top so he can't get to them. (hahahahahahahaha)

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO Camie! I'm relieved for you! Take a deep breath...or as deep a breath you can take with a baby crowding your lung space.

d34dpuppy said...

so its ur hannukkah prezzy!(that starts firday)tha cats only hide under r trees mabe bcos there fake( yas trees there is 2) :o)

Anonymous said...

Cats and Christmas trees are like...well...cats and Christmas trees. ;)

Steve~

Gardenia said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you folks! I tell ya, if there is any indication of the things that are happening to me lately being state-wide, I would not want ya here - even if I could toddle 150 mi up to the town and get a super massage. Yeh - cats and Christmas trees - brings out somethin' in them, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

that is great news so pleased for you now you can enjoy the christmas period

* (asterisk) said...

I think you should call her VogSprog. It's got a real ring to it.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Brilliant news!! He deserves it big time n so do you. Well chuffed for yer both. Haven't posted yer tour stuff. Soz, forgot wi everythin goin on. Sort it asap. Give hubby a beer from me

Gardenia said...

re-reading your post - maybe just maybe you folks will get lucky and hubby will show up in the nick of time! The two weeks will be really nice! When is the due date? You might have told me once - but this is been such a wild time for me, I can hardly put on a matching pair of shoes in the morning....

Anonymous said...

RD here

Well, I couldn't see you wearing a Stetson and voting republican so maybe staying where you are is for the best.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations babe! Most excellent news. The VogSprog (nice one *) will be born into a joyous and chill environment.

happy tidy

The Anti Crapitalist said...

Great news sounds a brilliant opportunity. I see someone has already done the stetson gag! Damn.

Anonymous said...

Great News! But, WOW! What a strong woman. I was a big baby. I thought I NEEDED my honey there. Ha- ha. He was great once we left the hospital, but, I now know he is not a good patient advocate.

Anonymous said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

Glad you don't have to move to Wyoming. I hate making decisions that will be for the best, but will suck. From my experience, birth is pretty much something us gals do alone anyways even when we have other people in the room.

Everything happens for a reason, just keep that in mind. Glad to hear your hubby's job situation is on the upswing.

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to wish you and your family a happy and peaceful christmas x