Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Rest in peace...


Phill Hines


While most people out there will be mourning the death of James Brown, who died on Christmas, I will be mourning the unexpected passing of one of the best punk rock drummers known to man. Phill Hines, drummer for the punk band Dissonance (from Flint, Michigan) died of a massive stroke and heart attack on Christmas. The photo above was taken at the 20th reunion show last year (I also downloaded the image from their website, thanks Andy). He will be sadly missed. I encourage you to click the Dissonance link to hear some fantastic American Hardcore tunes. This band was of great influence to me in my formative years.

8 comments:

eric said...

camie, i had no idea about the heart attack stroke thing. fuck, wtf, chuck wiz phill anybody else missing? i feel so bad...not that i knew phill soully but that all these people are being taken away before they are supposed to go. what a joke. the dissonance cd/video will be in my player all day today in memory, i just can't bring myself to go to the memorial in flint.

Anonymous said...

I gave a moment of silence in honor.

FOUR DINNERS said...

one less punk = sadder world. I'll give em a listen.

Happy New Year babe x

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's sad! He looks so young..

Ron said...

Love the Egg Timer!

Anonymous said...

count down to the bump appearing! love it!

Gardenia said...

Christmas is a bad time to go - bad for those left behind - - I'll have to give a listen - we spent a one hour trip (daughter & I) listening to 80's metal ballads yesterday.......and I missed seeing Slaughter in person this week - ahhhhhhhhh - saw James Brown in person - now that was a trip - a guy in the band wanted me to travel with them and design their costumes, I think James himself nixed that...........will go check this band out, no doubt daughter will have a few of those tucked away on Ipod also...........

Anonymous said...

i hate to put a downer on things, and in no way try and lessen your loss, but spare a thought for the family of a twelve year old girl that used to go to my lads school.
she collapsed and died in her gym class. two weeks before xmas.
twelve.
running around laughing one minute, gone the next.
vic says the family went to church as usual three days later, and have been a shining example to all publically, but i don't know how they do it. i know i couldn't!

again, sorry to bring a downer on things.