Thursday, January 11, 2007

Knit Pics!

Okay! Here are a few pictures of some of the things that I've been knitting over the past few months. This is proof that I really do knit, not just talk about it. The first image you see includes: A really cute hat and jacket for BabyVogSprog. The jacket is double breasted, and knit in Brown Sheep Worsted Weight Mohair/Wool blend. The hat is a luxurious Angora by Anny Blatt. Many thanks go to my son's bear Buzz, who looks so stylish.


The next image is of the scarf that I knit for my sister for Christman. It is a Feather and Fan pattern, and is knit with Mountain Colors Bearfoot Yarn, in the color Larkspur. It is a washable Wool/Mohair/Nylon yarn which is handpainted. This photo hardly does justice to how beautiful the colors are.

Finally, this is the scarf that I knit for my Mom for Christmas. Sorry for the quality of the photo. I forgot to take a pic of it before giving it to Mom, and this is what she ended up taking for me. It is done in Andean Silk (Super Fine Alpaca/Silk/Merino Wool) by KnitPics. The color is Cranberry. This is the first lace pattern I have ever done.
There you have it. I am now working on a christening dress for BabyVogSprog, as well as a garter stich cabled sweater for her. Those projects are still on the needles, and I don't expect to have them done until March. I am also planning a sweater for myself. It'll be the first thing I have knitted for myself in a year. I just hope I can ditch the baby weight I have gained, so I don't have to knit it extra huge.

Oh, I have also taken the plunge, and switched to the new Blogger version. All went well, and all posts are still within the blog!

14 comments:

snowcrush said...

Oh those scarfs are so pretty!! I like the hat too, really goes with the bear;-)

d34dpuppy said...

u r so awesome!

Pickled Olives said...

Holy Cow! Your knitting is beautiful. I love the fan pattern and colors!!

Lee said...

Wow! Check you out! These pieces are wonderful! I tried to knit once. Then I tried to kill myself. I don't have the patience.

Oh BTW, my roommate got me the Barbie Tanner Pooping Dog for x-mas. It is the best present I've ever received.

Gardenia said...

You really do beautiful work - so even - love the colors and patterns you've picked out. Being great at knitting is something I tried once, I didn't ever get past beginner - duh -

Would like to see them in real life - can't wait for a piccy of babievog in the sweater & hat.....

Laura said...

Wow! You have been busy! Lovely work, all of it's nice, I couldn't pick a favorite. BabyVog is going to be so styling. :)

Noah said...

hmmm it is getting cold here (finally) I could use a scarf..LOL

BTW my store doesnt sell humidifiers, or dehumidifiers for that matter..they tired to sell them once, but no one bought them

Steven Novak said...

I like the bear...

Dig his hat. ;)

Steve~

Life, or Something Like It said...

Wow, the bear looks great. I can't knit. I tried once, but it ugly real fast.
I like the sarves, too. Very cool.

drunk punk said...

love the bear an pup's spot on. you take it easy babe. not long to go. x

her indoors said...

used to knit for my son, but he complained that the wool was itchy! love the jacket

cappy said...

i used to be able to knit once upon a time!

Minerva Jane said...

beautiful stuff, cam

* (asterisk) said...

On the subject of new Blogger, I notice some of your comments on old posts have now become anonymous. Red has had the same problem now that she's switched. I wonder how widespread this is. I still am not allowed to switch. And I'm still glad.