Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year, new job starts...

Hubby's new job has started off in full swing this new year. Son and I dropped him off last night at the companys new terminal. He met his trainer, who looks far younger than his actual age. When I first saw the trainer, I gasped and said "He is a kid"! Hubby has since assured me that said trainer has been in this profession for 13 years, is quite capable, and only looks like a child. Hub's will return Saturday evening.

Son is handling the "dad not home" thing fairly well. He is looking forward to getting back on his usual schedule of going to school. Winter break ends this week and he will return to class this Friday (yipee, whoo-hoo, a few hours to myself). Today he has a playdate with a Dutch/Austrian kid from playgroup. The kids mother is strangely fond of me (side note: When she found out I was once married to a German, but am now with a Mexican, she said "How is it that you changed cultures so easily? Germany and Mexico are so opposite". "Ah, exactly!", I replied. "I guess I didn't want the world to be so white bread".). She desperately desires my son to teach her son English. My son takes this all with a grain of salt. Something tells me that it'll be her son teaching my son German.

I have been doing tons of boring finishing work on all those knitted pieces I have promised pictures of. Really, I'll get those pictures up soon.

I have also been flirting with the idea of switching the blog to the new Blogger format. I am nervous that I'll lose all of my archives. Has that happened to anyone? I found that I need to switch, since I have been invited to some private blogs who use the new format and I can't access them using the old version.

Oh, and RD...I know that you are out there. Can you at least send an email and let me know what is going on with you??

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I switched to beta, nad had no problem with losing anything. Oh, well, unless you count my temper when I first switched. I still don't see the benefits.....
Good news on the job front.
My 1st husband was German. His parents were right off the boat, and what a nightmare that was. My family is German, too, but came here generations ago. I learned very quickly that it makes a huge difference. They thought that they were still in the old country. I learned that I don't make a good house frua. My Hubby is German/Hungarian, and don't get me started on that. The only thing worse would be German/Irish/Scottish....That's me...

Anonymous said...

I didn't lose anything when I switched. I was nervous too, but it all turned out fine. There's not a whole lot of difference. Less HTML knowledge is needed to change the template.

Good luck and Happy New Year1

* (asterisk) said...

I still am not able to change, but that's all good. I guess I'll be one of the last in the known universe to be able to...

Anonymous said...

i managed the change with no problems, still cant do much with it though would love to be able to but i always seem to be in a hurry, go on go for it you can do it!

Anonymous said...

glad to see son is adjusting. and i echo everyone else: i didn't lose anything when I switched over.

Oh: and happy new year!!!

Anonymous said...

changing, no probs.
as for rd, ????. i have sent e-mails, but had no answer! i am worried.

d34dpuppy said...

m not changin 2 it since im only readin now

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny/interesting how some poeple just latch on???

I switched when my blog was a baby. I was in fear of losing nothing and I didn't.

Hattigrace said...

I have been nervous to switch, too. Just don't need any more complications right now! Can't wait to see your knitting projects! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I switched to Beta on my "secret blog" - I did give you an invite so you can come in, didn't I - I still have more work to do - but am trying to order my world to get out of town here for good - I can't wait!

Anyway the switch worked pretty well, I think I had 178 posts and they all came with it, including the ones I had put back in draft because of that crazy woman. It does photos much much better, but I don't like the paragraphs....and I don't like being forced into Google - but oh, well.

Gee, I am glad hubby has a job where you are and your family is. This is a rough place....

Anonymous said...

I switched at nearly the very beginning and have kept every post. There's more than 300, so that was cool.

FOUR DINNERS said...

hi CV. good luck with the switch. switched completely meself - drunkpunk.wordpress.com.

rang RD n his mrs answered n said he was at work so I think he's ok. He's meant to bell me back tonight.

Anonymous said...

Switch, no problem - in fact it's so much easier. You can do loads of stuff like changing template colours, move around links etc. Go for it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way it is? Parents excited for school to start again!

Switching shouldn't be a problem. Also, it'll help people to view your blog. I've found that if blogger is having any problems, I'm suddenly not able to view anyone on the old! Arg!!

The Anti Crapitalist said...

His trainer looks like a kid?

Well so did Dougie Hauser and look at what a brilliant Doctor he turned out to be!