Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's official!


Hubby has returned from 7 weeks of training! He has now officially become a first seat driver. He ranked in the 96th percentile of his group. Okay, I admit... I do understand why our son is such an over achiever. I mean, why do anything unless it's close to perfect? His company plans to keep him close to home as possible, until BabyVog makes her appearance. He will then get a week off, before he begins the farther regional routes. He wants to continue to stay as close as possible, but I have dollar signs in my eyes and am encouraging him to take longer routes which will fatten his paycheck. The family has proven to be strong over these 7 weeks so I know we can survive having him home on the weekends. After almost 4 years of struggling with the Union bullshit he was involved in, it is nice to see him happy in this profession.

As for me, the countdown is well on the way. The little ticker above says 17 days. It can happen anytime, as far as I am concerned. The flat has been reorganized to accomadate baby, the crib is set up, the clothes are in the proper drawers, the knitting for her has just about been completed. The christening dress is beautiful, and I'll have some photos up of it once I finish the collar. I also have to take some pictures of my Green Day Heart Grenade mittens which I have been proudly wearing. They are so cool, I bet Billy Joe will ask me to knit up some special addition ones for him to add to his clothes line.... yeah, right! Oh, and the best thing is this scarf/hood thing I began knitting 12 years ago! I only have a 1/2 inch to go and I'll be wearing that too. It is knit in pure, handspun alpaca and knit on 0 needles (hence the 12 years in the making).

One of the things I am looking forward to after having BabyVog is getting my former brain back. I complained to my doctor recently, that my brain function has been held hostage since becoming pregnant. He verified that I am accurate, that the extra fluid and hormones racing thru my body cause my brain to take a vacation. If you look back 9 months to a year in my archives on this blog, it is quite evident that I had much better postings. Trust me, I have some good ideas for future post... I just haven't been able to format and complete the writing process.

All righty then. Time to start my day with the family. I will let you all know when the girl arrives.

13 comments:

Pickled Olives said...

Welcome home hubby and congrats on a job well done!

I remember starting the countdown a couple weeks before my due dates. Both were born 15 days late - One was induced, the other I started labor enroute to the hospital to be induced. I have lazy kids.

cappy said...

congrats to mr vog, and hurry up miss vog! but not before you are ready!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Thinkin' of yer babe x. Glad Hubby's new job has panned out. Our union officer got an official invite from his old union. Dunno if he's takin it up but says I can tag along if he does.

Lemme know when yer pressie arrives (the OP one that is)

Life, or Something Like It said...

Great news on the job for Hubby! It must be a great relief to both of you.
Don't worry about blogging.. Seriously, you have bigger fish to fry. We'll all be here after your brain vacation.

Cynnie said...

I second what pickled says ..
I went 4 whole weeks over with eldest son..and the others were late too..just not to that extreme..

And ANSWER your email!..

happy happy over the hubby /job situation!

Steven Novak said...

You had a brain that you're looking to get back?

Really? ;)

COngrats on the retun of the hubby!

Steve~

* (asterisk) said...

I wanna see the mittens, dude!

Shit, I remember way back when BabyVog was just an anonymous comment on my blog. How time flies!

ldbug said...

Exciting!! I think the best part is you're all well prepared well ahead of schedule!

That's great that hubby loves his new job, sound like everything is looking up:-)

Noah said...

arrrggghh baby eating brains...LOL

Minerva Jane said...

oh i can't wait to meet babyvog! so glad the hubby's home now too.

d34dpuppy said...

at least u has an excuse 4 ur brains bn gone...
congrats alla round

Amy said...

Congrats!!!! I hope that N loves his new little S.

Delfina said...

I'd love to see the heart grenade mittens! I've been wanting to make a post on my site about Green Day crafts and I'd love to include them. If you don't mind, can you send me the pic? asfo_del[at]yahoo.com.