Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Um...No, I haven't been busy...

As I have mentioned before, Hubby and I are getting married on April 4th. We bought our rings this weekend. Mine is the the first one shown. Hubby's is the second one. Special thanks go out to Hubby's cousins boyfriend. He is a jeweler, and really helped us out.


We have also decided to wear traditional Mexican Wedding shirts, called Guayabera's. Here are pictures of what they will look like. Mine, of course, will be white. The website only had a picture of the black version. Little man, our son, will also be wearing one that will match his dad's. Our pants will be gray. Yes, pants. I hate dresses, and have opted for pants. It's my wedding...I'll wear whatever I choose. I may even wear my Doc Martins, highly polished.



Plans for the wedding have gone well. Last thing I need to do is make the wedding cake. I have called on the assistance of my pal, Zeneric, who is a chef at a place here in Ann Arbor. He is going to sneak me in to the kitchen so I can used their industrial mixer to make up the cake batter. Big thanks go out to him too, as this will cut the mix time down to nothing. If I mix it at my house, I'll need to do it in 3 batches which could mess up the consistancy. Oh, yeah, the cake will be a three tiered strawberry swirl cheesecake.

That's why the blog has sat idle for the past two weeks. Hope you all understand, and look for me in your comment fields because I am still lurking out there.

p.s. BabyVog is a wopping 9 1/2 pounds now!
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

ldbug said...

Um, what is this? rings? is there a wedding coming up??????

cappy said...

if so can i be the first to offer congrats!
who's the hotty in the bottom pic?

log on, lets chat! got three weeks off at a minimum!

cappy said...

riiiiiiiiight! see, now it makes sense!
must have missed, or misplaced in my brainium, that announcement! sounds uber cool to me! baby vog piling it on!

nice!

Biddie said...

How exciting! I say do things any way that makes you happy. I have been married twice, and I know that headaches that can come along with weddings!
Will you be posting photos?
Big hugs for Baby Vog.
xx

her indoors said...

love the rings mmmmm the wedding cake sounds lovely

FOUR DINNERS said...

Congrats to you both. It'll be a great day - although don't put FS in a bridesmaid dress for christs sake!!

Lotsa hugs to BV x

you tunin in tomorrow at 8pm GMT?

Pickled Olives said...

Congrats!!!!

d34dpuppy said...

w2g alla u vogs ya post piccys (please)

Camie Vog said...

You all know how much hubby hates for his picture to be on the blog... Maybe I can talk him into it, especially since he has changed professions and isn't paranoid about a malicious Union finding him.

I will post of me and the kids, Fluffy in his dress, the cake and most definately, the food!

* (asterisk) said...

Congratzes to you all. Very cool news, and great rings, too!

d34dpuppy said...

tell mister 2 wear a mask tha same as starman :o)

Cynnie said...

Fluffy in a dress ? omg..i need photos!
I've been married a gazillion times..
Weddings are so much fun!
it's going to be wonderful!

ldbug said...

You're making the cake? How cool!! and yummmmmm

Cynnie said...

Noooo..
those shirts are NOT mexican!..
Those damn yucatans!!.

They are cuban..
and you'll look lovely..

Red said...

Nice rings!

But girl, you want to get someone else to make the cake for you, no? Put your feet up, let someone else take care of business. My advice for your wedding day: Just show up and be fabulous!

Gardenia said...

Oh, what fun, congrats already - and this is marvelous! Also sounds sounds like some work for a mamma with a new baby!!!! Take care of yourself - the cake sounds yummy, but don't overdo, hear? And here's applause for being who you want to be during one of the most important events in your life!

Gardenia said...

PS - ya got really good taste - the rings are gorgeous

Aunt Jackie said...

Very cool! Always be yourself and have no regrets. Congratulations by the way!

Melanie said...

Mazel Tov again! Wow, newborn, hubby with a new career, a kindergartener, you are a busy lady. Glad to hear it's all good things. Good luck on your wedding, and take the advice of a woman who has been an event manager for over 10 years; don't sweat the details, because a month from now you won't remember them. Relax and have fun! There is no such thing as a perfect event, so don't let the small stuff turn into big, scary stuff. Let me know how it goes.

tideliar said...

day late. dollar short.

I saw go for the docs! Mrs. Tideliar wore white docs at our wedding :)

CindyDianne said...

Best wishes to you!

I am in the midst of planning my own wedding. I'll not make my own cake though. I am going to tie my own bouquet though. Oh, and I am wearing a long linen skirt - nothing fancy for me either! It sounds like you are having fun!!