Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back for a moment...

I guess I am taking a blog break. Things have been crazy around here, and my brain can't seem to focus on a good post topic. We close on our house this Friday, which is great and all. It is all the other things that make it kinda blah... Like calling the water department to get the water meter hooked up, calling the gas company to get the gas meter installed, getting house insurance, making sure the mortgage company and seller's agents are doing their jobs, etc. Shopping for appliances was fun until I realized how much it was going to cost. Still, the kitchen will look great and I won't have to worry about replacing what we buy for another 15 years or so... Now, if only the interior decorator would call us back. I need some help picking out paint colors so the house expresses my individuality. I have always sucked at picking colors. I need Leelee's good taste!

I have been hanging out on Facebook more, so you can find me over there. I even helped Mr. Vog set up a Facebook page. It is far less intense than a blog, so it'll work well for him while he is on the road. You can find him through my page...he is Mini Cooper. My mom got him a great laptop with WiFi capabilities so he is geeked out in the rig.

Speaking of Hubby, he has become a trainer for his company. Yeah, he is doing so well at his job they forgot the company rules of being employed for at least two years before becoming a trainer. He got the trainers position in 6 months time. He is trying it out for the next two weeks with a brand new driver. If he decides to do it full time, he will get a new rig which will have a double sleeper in it. Right now he has a single berth, so they need to stop at hotels so the trainee can sleep. That cuts in on drive time, looking for the hotel, etc. Hubby still sleeps in his rig, not the hotel, as he is too paranoid that someone will break in and steal his stuff, or mess with his load.

I have also been knitting like mad! I am making something very cool for one of you wonderful bloggers out there. Hope you like them, and that I can get them to you in time. I'll post pictures of it once I finish them and have them sent out.

Thanks for all of your readership. I promise, one day, to return to blogging as I had when I first started this space.

xxoo

15 comments:

Laura said...

Thinking of you... You have to make these: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTvogon.html

Now, if you don't mind, I have to figure out what is Facebook and where to find you on it. ;)

mmini said...

yo camie good morrning

Gardenia said...

Things just keep looking up and up - hooray! It sounds like you are having a good life - you'll love your new house - so clean, and let me tell ya after a life time of trying make things work - new appliances, etc.....ahhhhhhhh, heaven! And best of all you aren't in Wyoming where the wind blows 75 mph all the time.

See ya when we see ya! Email me - if you want, we'll talk about spiritual things!

Biddie said...

Don't sweat the small stuff! You have an awful lot on your plate right now...Can't wait to see what you're knitting...
I think that I'll stop by and say hi to Mini Cooper one of these days, too.
Are you going to post photos of the new house? I am so excited for you! Whoo Hoo!

d34dpuppy said...

camie u can do colours bcos i can do colours u dun need no stinkin decorator here is tha dealie u put colours up n c how thay look in all tha dif lites/tiems of day use a colour wheel most paints has coulors that go wi each ohter right there decoration is easy ...mabe its my genes heheheh?
has fun is tha most improtnat part tho

her indoors said...

see ya on facebook

noah said...

HAHAHAHA you said "mess with his load"

Camie Vog said...

LOL, Noah!!!
I knew someone would comment on that phrase!!!

FOUR DINNERS said...

See you on Facebook babe - and Mini Cooper too. Gonna enjoy gettin to know him. Any hubby of CV's a mate of mine.

Cynnie said...

Aww..I want good decorating taste too !
next life maybe ..
My house looks like hitlers bunker

Lee said...

You should see my newly-painted-by-Reflecting-Pool-bathroom!

Good luck with the move!

Truck Driver Wife said...

Small world. I see back on a previous post of yours, May 17. Superdaddy drives for same company. Van division though.

Your daughter is beautiful. Had a rough night last night.

Truck Driver Wife said...

I would never expose it on here. Too many wierdo's. Mine is in W.Sex tonight to go to some trainers meeting. He has to train next week in the yard. He does van auto. Just started training about 6 weeks ago. I will email you later. joeandcoriplace@aol

* (asterisk) said...

Camie, great news on the move being so imminent, but I'll be sad to see you go from blogland. It's been real. Catch you on Facebook, though, you bet!

蔡健雅Tata said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.