Friday, February 08, 2008

Geez! My fingers hurt!

"Mama, this sweater looks too small for me..."

"Yes, I know Beanie. I made it for your first birthday."

"Ah, mama, today is my 16th birthday/:

"I know. I just finished it. I guess I was too caught up playing Guitar Hero 3 when you were one."


Yes, my obsession with GH3 has now reached critical. I have discovered that I can connect that precious Wii to the internet via our WiFi network. That poor little girls sweater has hit the wayside.

"Okay kids, off to bed... Yeah, I know it is only 6pm, but mommy has a GH3 tournament to play..."

After I beat the game on easy, I got a little bored with it. I found medium too hard, wah-wah-wah, using four frets and all. When I realized I could hook up online and play against other people with lots of time on their hands I became an animal all over again. Medium it is. I practice and battle little dweebs all over the planet now. "Bulls on Parade"? No fucking problem, I roast you! Ooooh, slippin' in a little Killers? Take that, you 16 year old pansy! ZZ Top, you fucking fossil, I got that covered too!

Really, though. I am not that good. I routinely get my ass kicked late at night when the experts come out. Plus, it didn't help that I was stuck on battling Slash in my own game. Between a glitch in the program that locked the system up whenever I was winning, and the intense quickly developing pain in my knuckles it took me 2 days to crush him. LittleMan was actually the one who helped me by shouting out when to launch attacks on Slash. As Ron says, just a little bonding with my 5 year old over GH3 was all it took. Now, I can advance onward to the other songs in order to practice and continue my quest for greatness on the WFC circuit. So, if any of you are bored and want to battle me, email me your friend code, and I'll do the same so we can rock out. I know Cappy has a Wii, I am just waiting for him to get the game... Come on Cynnie, get your system going!!

Oh, yeah, that sweater...better get to it before my girl spawns a grandkid for me...

12 comments:

Cynnie said...

Okay...I'm buying one today..
crap..
My life is now over

Amanda said...

rofl!! We have GH3 on X-box, we fight over it!!!!

d34FpUpPy said...

wahwahwah :D

Biddie said...

LOL. We have GH3 and I haven't even picked it up. It kinda scares me.

tideliar said...

wow...just...wow...

*from someone who doesn't even own a consol of any sort*

:)

bob said...

You *do* know what happens when you reach the pinnacle of Guitar Hero mastery, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq6-QbbRD4

Gardenia said...

eh eh, oh well - just take a couple baby blankets, safety pin them together and cut a hole in the middle - you got a poncho fit for a one year old!

Further on up the road said...

I'm so glad GH3 wasn't about when I was 12. However I therefore went out and got my Mum to buy me the real deal - so now over 30 years later I'm still bloody obsessed with the damn things....

GH3 will be a fad it will fade into the memory and you'll laugh and then you'll read my blog and I'll still not be able to master Gordon bloody Giltraps stupid bloody tunings and weird combined pick and finger techniques.....

Further on up the road said...

Oh yeah - hi I met a lady in Boston called Jan from Ann Arbor last week. Lovely woman, very smart and got her life really together. Small world, esp. given I've been to AA a few times with the firm before they decided that's enough of that... :-)

cappy. said...

i'm still working on it! i'll keep you updated, even though you now have a very unfair advantage on me!

FOUR DINNERS said...

I want a vid of my CV playin' 'Holiday'

* (asterisk) said...

Ha ha! I've got five stars on all Easy (Raining Blood took the longest time!) and five stars on most of Medium now; lowest on Medium are Knights of Cydonia and Raining Blood (both 3 stars).

On Hard I'm currently stuck on Miss Murder, completing only 82%.

How are you doing on Through The Fire and Flames? I've got five on Easy, but I can only finish 74% on Medium.

Glad to hear you're still going strong!