Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh, yeah...the party pictures...

Introducing Fairy Princess Barbie!

I honestly can't believe that I made this cake! As a child, I always hated Barbie. Now, I repent, with a Barbie cake for my girl. She LOVES dolls.


We take such great pictures, don't we? Here she is getting ready to throw the menu at her dad.

Beanie with her doll hating Mama...


The end of the party. Sadly, I have no cake smashing pictures. She wouldn't smash it! It even took forever trying to get her to pull the doll out of it. The cake footage is on the viddy camera, I'll try to lift some stills off of it. The boy on my lap is my "sister-wifes" son. We are stuffing our faces with Andes mints.

Next post: "Our first real family vacation"

8 comments:

Further on up the road said...

Those early parties - oh the memories....

Aunt Jackie said...

Wow very cool cake!!! I remember cakes from being little. Everyone went to lots of trouble back then!

Happy Birthday Beanie!

Gardenia said...

Gorgeous cake, even if it is a doll. I too hated Barbie - I mean, who in the heck looks like Barbie - but my older daughter grew up happily gripping one or another around its tiny waist. She's not too warped. :)_

FOUR DINNERS said...

*ahem*.....teach her about punk immediately to ensure any future cakes, Barbie or otherwise, are treated as any self respecting punk would. It is your duty!!! ;-)

little cutie in't she

Cynnie said...

aww..she is adorable !..
she's really really cute!!
I just know she'll shave all her barbies heads soon enough..
I see it in her eyes..

* Just like auntie Cyn did when she was little

d34FpUpPy said...

purple hair babrbie how cool is that?

Biddie said...

That is a wicked cool cake, Camie!
Beanie is so big now. The first year sure flew by, didn't it?
Big hugs to the birthday girl!

Melanie said...

Wait 'til she wants you to buy her that princess costume. You thought you could be the feminist punk mama whose kid wasn't going to be into all that bullshit, but somehow, when you weren't looking they got her! Fucking Barbie!