Saturday, July 12, 2008

"A Rivers Runs Through It..."

Thanks to Red wishing Mr. Cuomo a happy birthday, I now have a new band obsession. I never paid Weezer much attention. I heard their hits on the radio, read silly stories about Rivers (my favorite: he lost his wallet at a show, some fans found it and returned it to him... In appreciation, he gave them his Harvard student I.D. The fans promptly turned around and sold it on eBay for $2500.00) and that was as far as it went. After the visit to Red's blog, I began hearing some of their new songs on XM. Curious, I splurged and spent $9.99 of my iTunes gift card for the Red Album. I can't get the songs out of my head, I can't stop reading about Rivers- he is strangely fascinating, and I secretly wish I could invite him over so we could hang out... I am pathetic. Hubby rolled his eyes at me when I said, "If more people like Rivers were in my life, I might be more interested in people". It's true....

Here is my favorite song off of the Red Album. It is a fan photo compilation, since Weezer hasn't made a video for this song, yet. It's called "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived". All right then, back to my iPod.

9 comments:

Camie Vog said...

If no one comments, I am going to quit blogging...

really.

The Manic Street Preacher said...

don't you bloody dare woman!!!!!!!

Weezer are a cool band.

Anyroad where you been babe? Look, just 'cause you have two kids and a husband and a house to sort out and a garden to maintain and cooking and cleaning to do doesn't mean you can avoid blogging. I mean c'mon!!! After doing all of the above what do you do for the other 23 hours a day? ;-) xxx

Biddie said...

Umm, excuse me??? Quit?! Not on my watch! I stop by here all of the time, looking for you :)
Glad to see that you are
back!
I like Weezer, they are decent. I really like the video for Buddy Holly.

Truck Driver Wife said...

Yeah well ya better not quit blogging. lol. I love that song!!

* (asterisk) said...

I'll comment too. Don't stop. Anyway, I'm the greatest man that ever lived, so Rivers don't know nuthin'.

Red said...

I'm just getting into Greatest Man now. When I first got the Red album, I couldn't stop listening to Pork and Beans... what a great single that is!

Do you already have Pinkerton?

little wanderer said...

Oh no you are not!!!!!!!!!

used to blog nearly every day, now it is just now and then!
so stay with us OK

Cynnie said...

oh stay !..
I've been sucking like a mofo!..
i like weezer..
and I never like anything you cool people like :)

ttpv said...

not sure how i stand on weezer.

quite liked "beverly hills" but that may have been due to the video being shot at the playboy mansion...
oh yes dinners, check that one out on you tube.

pop by. i'm back!